|Home|Products|Demos|Tech Support|Top FAQ list| Help Desk Software| CRM Software|
Setting up HD Mail
Document ID : 000-000830 Created:12/15/2003 Last changed on:12/15/2003
Set the Main Program Directory:
· Start the NetKeeper Help Desk Mail Administrator program (nkmadm.exe)
· Click E-mail Process Setup
· Select Setup Options
· Click tab 4-Program paths
· Enter the path to the NetKeeper Help Software console (NetKeeper Help Desk Captain, NetKeeper Help Desk Pro or NetKeeper Help Desk Admiral).
· Check the Use UNC check box if you are using UNC paths.
· Click OK to save the options
· Exit the NetKeeper Help Desk Mail Administrator
Run NetKeeper Help Desk Mail
To run a NetKeeper program follow the same procedure used to run any other standard Windows program. You can run a NetKeeper program from the START menu from a Windows program shortcut or icon, from Windows Explorer, from a batch file or from the command line.
· Run the nkmadm.exe file to start the NetKeeper Help Desk Mail Administrator program.
· Run the nkmcli.exe file to start the NetKeeper Help Desk Mail e-mail reader program.
· Run the nkmproc.exe file to start the NetKeeper Help Desk Mail e-mail processor program.
TIP: To automatically start the NetKeeper Help Desk Mail e-mail processor program, add a shortcut to the StartUp Folder and add /AUTOSTART to the command line.
Set Up Steps
The following steps define the major tasks required to set up and start NetKeeper Help Desk Mail. Follow the sequence of steps to set up your NetKeeper Help Desk Mail system.
1. Install the program on your shared drive
2. Set the main program directory. Link to the data files
3. Program Options Set options to configure the program Determines how the program will perform
4. Enter lookup data Enter the basic lookup data for the rules You must enter at least one entry into each auxiliary table.
5. Enter e-mail rules. Define the e-mail processing rules Necessary to process e-mail
6. Enable server. Start the e-mail processing program. Must be running correctly to process e-mail
7. Read e-mail. View the received e-mail messages
8. Check operation. Check that the rules are processing as expected. Re-define the e-mail rules as necessary
See your NetKeeper program manual for detailed information.
This solution text WEB page is automatically generated from your knowledge base and service data by NetKeeper Help Desk Software or NetKeeper CRM software. You can customize the pages to your site's look and feel or even include advertisements.
Powered by NetKeeper® Help Desk Software
Copyright 1991-2006 Multima Corporation - Conditions of use